Saturday 17 November 2012

I'm just waiting for kick off

I've spent the day dad sitting. Heaven knows he spent enough time looking after our kids now its payback time. So after a disastrous morning, broken washer and mothers car breaking down in the village , I go to undertake my duties.
As I get there his face is contorted and I ask what's wrong. "It's always like this!" was the response. So after a few seconds facial exercise he looks normal again.

I always try to find something on tv we can talk about. Today I was in luck, track cycling and rugby.
We start with the cycling, I am not familiar with rules of the event but, suss after a couple of rounds that last man round is eliminated.  I tell dad this, he is unaware that cycling is on. Even though he is watching.

So rugby starts.

I watch and can't think of anything to say, to me it's torture but he seems to be enjoying it, or so I thought.  Must have dozed off as I wake up game stats are on screen and he is sat watching avidly.
I ask who won.................the reply..

" I'm just waiting for kick off"


No comments:

Post a Comment