Thursday 13 December 2012

And........breathe

I remember coming home from school and college to the smell of strange burning. I got used to it.  It meant excitement.
Strange to those not involved, maybe...

But to me......

My dad was making a new fancy dress costume!!!

For a burly builder he sure did a mean line in fancy dress and entertainment. An anchor of the golf club I have witnessed him as a Supreme, the guy riding an emu and Sweetums from the muppets! Yes life size versions.  All in the name of the new year s eve party. He loved a party..... But more he loved to entertain others.

He handcrafted these out of blocks of foam, fake fur, wood, glitter........in fact anything he could muster.

So today what is he doing. He is sat in respite care listening to carols and being confused.

What do we, his family,  do..... breathe...........

No comments:

Post a Comment